- This event has passed.
Weekend art classes by Grune & Black
March 4, 2017 | 9:30 am - April 29, 2017 | 12:00 pm
Cracking The Art Code
By Grüne & Black
Many people I know are intimidated by the idea of creating fine art. Some even believe that great art is a skill exclusive to only the inherently talented.
Nothing can be further from the truth.
Like almost every other conceivable skill, art can be learnt and perfected with the same discipline that hones them – the 3 Ps: patience, practice and perseverance.
Cracking The Art Code is a ‘state-of-the-art’ workshop that gets you started on your desire to create timeless art. It covers intensive learning modules with sessions over a period of 8 weekends.
Start Date & Time: 4th March, 2017 – 29th April 2017 | 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Duration: 8 weeks (every Saturday at the above time)
Workshop Fee: INR 2,500/- per month (Rs 5,000/- for 2 months)
Here’s what you’ll learn:
Start By Drawing
Basics of drawing and drawing tools & techniques. Includes –
– Brief History of Art
– The drawing kit, tools & accessories
– Drawing basic shapes
– Shading techniques
– Drawing Compositions
An introduction to acrylic painting on canvas. Includes –
– The artist’s tool kit
– Understanding colours and their application
– Acrylic paints and properties
– Basic techniques of acrylic painting
A multipart module on the A-Z of creating your artwork. Includes –
– Still Life & Landscape Painting
– Basics of composition setting
– Painting from images and real life
– Tools & techniques for high quality results
What we will provide:
– A drawing tool kit including a range of pencils, art eraser, sharpener and scale
– A3 size drawing book
– Certificate of Participation (on successful completion)
About the trainer:
Mark D’Cruz is the founder of Grüne Elefant Art, an online art gallery and platform for upcoming and established artists to display and promote their artwork. As an artist, Mark specialises in landscapes, abstracts and portraits. He studied art as a global business at Sotheby’s Institute of Art, UK, and is also an art collector and consultant.