Brush Lettering Art – 2 Days Beginners Workshop in Bangalore
January 25 | 3:00 pm - January 26 | 6:00 pm
Brush Lettering Art – Beginners Workshop in Bangalore
Brush lettering, or Brush calligraphy is one of the most versatile styles of lettering that exist. The key to the popularity of this style has been the free form and the creative freedom of this particular lettering technique.
This 2 day workshop will focus on the basics of lettering using brushes and brush pens. The participants will learn how to create a fully lettered poster from scratch, and the techniques behind the art of the same. This will surely be an exciting journey as we all brush our way through the world of modern lettering and typography.
In these two days, you will be learning –
- Introduction to lettering
- Overview about Brush lettering
- Is lettering and calligraphy the same?
- About the tools
- About the basic strokes
- Lettering Uppercase and lowercase alphabets
- Different Blending techniques with Brush pens
- Some art techniques to combine with lettering
- Composition of a lettering piece
- Final Project
Materials Provided – All the materials needed to make a successful lettering piece will be provided at the venue.
Some of the key elements of the kit include:
- Set of Brush Pens
- Watercolor cakes
- Watercolor Brush
- Printed booklet of practice sheets. (With guidelines)
- Pencil, ruler, eraser.
- A4 size watercolor paper for final project.
Artist – Amritanshu Das is a self taught artist and has been practicing calligraphy for over 9 years.
Age – 10 years & above.
Date – 25th & 26th January, 2020
Day – Saturday and Sunday
Time – 3 pm to 6 pm
Fee – Rs 1800 per person (Includes all materials)
Booking fee – Rs 500 per person (Balance amount of Rs 1300 to be paid at the venue)
Venue – Bloom and Grow, Koramangala
About Bloom and Grow