Perfumery – Beginner workshop in Bangalore
NIRO Perfume Studio creates a unique experience like no other. We take you on an olfactory journey where you get a sneak peek into the intimate mystic world of perfumes. You would experience the sublime language of fragrances and its effect on emotions and memories. We bring an opportunity to understand and appreciate a vital sense called “Smell”.
This experience will initiate you on a journey of developing an understanding of what goes into making a perfume. You get a chance to blend your own perfume from basics using your fragrance memories and understanding your own fragrance personality.
1. Knowing, understanding and appreciating vital sense organ
2. Understand your fragrance personality
3. Explore the sublime language of fragrances
5. Understanding and appreciating art of perfumery
6. Framework for creating a fine perfume
7. Building a relationship with fragrance raw materials used in commercial perfumery
8. Creating your signature bottle of perfume
Participants will take home a 100ml bottle of the perfume created by themselves during the workshop.
You will be provided with all the necessary items, apron & workbook.
**No prior knowledge of perfumery or chemistry required. You don’t have to be passionate about fragrances but you certainly have to be curious about it.**
***We advise you to not wear any perfume on the day of the experience.***
Fee- Rs 4000 per person (Includes materials and taxes)
Booking fee- Rs 500 per person(Balance amount of Rs 3500 to be paid at the venue)
Venue- Bloom and Grow, Koramangala
Natural dyeing and block printing – Beginners’ workshop in Bangalore
Nature is full of colours, colours so beautiful and captivating that men from early times have tried to capture its ephemeral beauty to decorate themselves and their homes as colour seem to speak the very language of the soul.
Art of traditional block printing on to cotton cloth is thought to have existed in India for over 4500 years. Evidence of the Indian craftsman’s unsurpassed skill with printed and dyed cotton cloth appears through out the history. They used complex techniques to achieve desired patterns, and they changed from place to place depending on the weather conditions and materials available. Each pattern, motif meant something and spoke of their identity.
The workshop will introduce you to the basics of hand block printing and dyeing using natural materials available around you. It will cover the following :
– Understanding natural dyes and its properties
– Understanding block printing practices in India
– Identifying locally available materials
– Preparing the fabric for dyeing and mordanting
– Practice dyeing using two local materials
– How to extract colours and how to use them as dye and colour paste
– Techniques of block printing, practice printing and printing on scarf to take home
– Post treatment of fabric
You will be introduced to the locally available ingredients that can be used for dyeing at the workshop. We will be making samples using two ingredients Manjistha and Katachu. Also you will get to carry Annatto seeds and Palash flowers to try at home.
Artist: Prajna Rajanna of MOTIFS OF THE EARTH
Take Away: You will take home printed scarf and dyed fabric samples along with a ready to start beginner kit.
All materials will be provided at the Venue.
Timing: 2.30 pm to 6.00 pm
Booking Fee: Rs 500 (Balance of Rs 3000 can be paid at venue)
Venue: Bloom and Grow, Koramangala
Decoupage with Wood burning- Beginners workshop in Bangalore
Take your handmade projects to the next level in this unique workshop which combines decoupage with wood roasting & burning to create a vintage aged wood plaque.
This class loaded with techniques is a perfect session for novice & experienced crafters alike. You will receive start-to-finish instructions & technique tips to:
- Use a blow torch
- Prepare the base (a wood plaque) by roasting the surface
- Brush & sand the roasted surface to make the wood grains prominent
- Tear the selected decoupage pattern
- Glue the tissue with minimal wrinkles & creases
- Blend the tissue into the wood pattern with multi color dry brushing
- Add texture with splatters
- Varnish to seal and protect the project
Artist – Tanvi Shah
Date – 15th December 2019
Booking Fee – Rs. 500 (Balance of Rs.1800 to be paid at venue)
Venue – Bloom and Grow, Koramangala