Hindustani Classical Vocal Workshop
A practical sneak-peak into the elements of formal Hindustani Classical training for beginner-level singers.
– Is Hindustani classical vocal training right for me? What does it involve?
– What IS a raaga? How does one identify the raaga of a song/piece?
– Would an understanding of the structure and technicalities of a Hindustani classical vocal performance help me appreciate it more?
– What are gharanas?
If you have found yourself asking any of these questions, then this workshop has answers for you.
We will cover the above questions and more. We will start with the basic logic of the raga system, and go on to the various technicalities of Hindustani classical vocal performances. The workshop will be a balance of basic theory, demonstrations by the facilitator, and practice by the participants.
Ranitendranath Tagore, aka Ranit, is a vocal artist proficient in various genres ranging from Hindustani Classical to popular cinematic music. His interest goes beyond the boundaries of language – he has performed in Bengali, Hindi, English, Marathi, and Tamil. In his earlier years, he has trained intensively under the tutelage of Sri Rama pada Nandi who was a disciple of many illustrious teachers including Sri Krishna Chandra Dey, who was himself mentor to artists like S D Burman and Manna Dey.
Ranit has performed solo on television and continues to perform formally and informally at invited events. He conducts music classes and workshops for singing enthusiasts looking to improve, explore different genres or just have a good time singing.
Some of Ranit’s Works:
Surmayi Sham (Cover, Movie- Lekin): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buDfyxF6-OI
Both Sides Now by Judy Collins (Cover): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0NRCPltwnU
Tumko Dekha To (Cover, Movie- Saath Saath): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EClpM5_Sd3Y
Link to a live session: Kal chaudvi ki raat thi
Day & Date: Sunday, 27th May
Time: 3 PM – 6 PM
Fee: Rs 1250 per participant (includes all taxes)
Venue: Bloom & Grow, Bangalore
About Bloom & Grow
Bloom & Grow facilitates artist-led art & craft workshops in studios and also, conducts art based corporate workshops across India.
Use your VOICE as a healing modality to heal yourself
Melodia Voice Studio, Dubai, presents the SING to HEAL workshop.
Our voices are powerful sound healing devices as cited by Jonathan Goldman teacher of harmonics & sound healing. A sacred gift available at all times for our use. With a little training we can make optimum use of this beautiful voice we house in our being. Voice belongs to the physical body, but it is the instrument of the spiritual self. We can use this tool for higher consciousness and greater health as our voice bridges the body and spirit. Vocal toning is one such technique that can be used by singers and non-singers to restore balance and harmony to the mind and body. Toning is the creation of extended vocal sounds on a single vowel in order to experience the sound and its effects in other parts of the body.
Paul Newham the founder of Voice Movement therapy, developed applications of voice music and sound in psychotherapy psychology etc. He pioneered work on the use of ones voice to overcome communication problems, psychological inhibitions, emotional difficulties and some physical complaints as well. The therapy releases the somatised emotion (accumulated emotion in our body parts) and the liberation of the body from constriction and pain.
Jonathan Goldman developed this formula “FREQUENCY + INTENT = HEALING”. Frequency is the actual sound used. Healing is a term used to describe the process of putting something into its healthy resonance.
- Anatomy of our voice
- Breath work and posture
- Vocal toning techniques
- Voice movement therapeutic exercises to emote
- Sing uplifting affirmations / songs of the spirit
COME…use this sacred gift …listen to your inner voice…step into your AUTHENTIC VOICE and live a life of MAGNIFICENCE and TRUTH
Objectives of the Workshop:
- To learn to use our Voice to bring harmony and healing to self and others.
- To instill in us a sense of community singing
- To reduce judgment of our voices and use them to express ourselves wholly
- To learn simple breathing techniques and vocal tools to connect to spirit and our body mind
Who should attend?
- Those who want to work on their throat chakra to clear up the blocked vocal expression
- Those who find meditation ‘so difficult’. Learn how to use your voice for a mindful meditation.
- Professional singers, musicians, voice experts or any kind of artists who want to get in touch with their own unique self to express themselves better through their art and profession
- Those who think they have a bad voice but still love to sing
- The workshop is for ALL who want to give a healing touch to their life using their own voice
Benefits of the SING to HEAL workshop
- Increased oxygenation of cells from the breath work and toning
- Lowering of Blood pressure and heart rate and helps one reach a meditative state
- Increased lymphatic circulation
- Increased levels of melatonin (hormone associated with the regulation of the
- Releases endorphins that are self-created opiates that work as natural pain killer
- Boosts production of Interleukin-1, a protein associated with blood production
- Increased levels of Nitric oxide that promotes healing in the body
- Release of oxytocin the hormone that gives a feel good feeling
- Releases old energies from the energy body and stimulates suppressed emotions in a
Date: Day long workshop
Time: 10 am to 5pm
Lunch and tea provided.
INR 6,000 Rs per head
Group discount for 3 or more bookings INR 5,000 each
Dr Evelet Sequeira MD, Life Coach, Sound & Voice Therapist, Teacher & Student of the Sacred Feminine.
She is a Certified Heal Your Life® Coach and a Certified Heal Your Life® Workshop, Seminar Leader by Hay House (USA) to present programs on Louise Hay’s philosophy worldwide.
She is a Certified Level III Sound Therapist using Tibetan Singing Bowls by International Academy of Sound Healing (IASH) and uses Music and Voice Therapy for clients. She has participated in the Healing sounds Intensive conducted by globally acclaimed sound healer Jonathan Goldman in Colorado. She is a Gestalt Therapist and teaches Meditation and breath work through Body movement. She is trained as an Expressive Arts Therapist and a story teller from renowned teachers in India and USA. She is a Magnified Healing® practitioner.
She is a medical doctor with a Specialization in Preventive and Social Medicine. She transitioned from a public health/nutrition professional career of 15 years in the development sector with UN agencies, governments and NGOs.
She has been in the field of Self Development and Transformation since the last 6 years and the co-founder of the company Rainbow Lightworkers, She has been coaching clients on Self transformation, Feminine leadership , womb related issues to women, improvement in relationships, career challenges to name a few. She conducts workshops on Conscious Femininity to empower millions of women to connect to their bodies and wombs to help realize their dreams and potential. She believes in the adage ‘Dancing with the feet is one thing, but Dancing with the Heart another’. Her vision is to fill the planet with the VIBRATION OF LOVE
Joseph Moras, Vocal Coach and Choral Director
Joseph is a Voice professional with over 25 years of experience as a singer, teacher and a Choral Director. Qualified with Associate and Licentiate Diploma from Trinity College London, he began music studies learning Singing, Guitar, Violin and Carnatic vocal music with professional teachers from Mumbai, Bangalore and Mangalore. Later in Dubai he continued studies earning specialization in advanced level vocal music. He is currently doing studies on the power of human voice as a healing modality for which he got certification at The Healing Sounds Intensive, in Colorado, US
In the year 1989 Joseph began his music-teaching career in Mangalore, India. He taught music in St. Joseph’s Seminary, St. Aloysius College, St. Agnes College, and St. Anne’s College, various convents and formation houses in Mangalore. In Dubai he has trained musicians, singers and choirs in various schools and institutes including children with special needs. His work as a singer and musician has taken him to the United States, Italy, Germany, Spain, Poland and Singapore. Joseph runs an exclusive vocal training center – MELODIA VOICE STUDIO in Dubai, where he trains individuals and choirs. He also conducts voice workshops and vocal toning sessions for children and adults.
Apart from teaching, Joseph travels around GCC countries and India conducting workshops and seminars. He is a member of American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) and International Sound Healers Association. He is the founder choral director for St. Cecelia Choir at St. Mary’s Church and Melodia Community Choir, Dubai.
Register – bloomandgrow.in (Link to be up soon)