Malaysian Batik workshop – Beginners workshop in Bangalore
Batik is a “resist” process using a combination of waxes for making designs on a silk fabric and shading the design according to the pattern used. Malaysian Batik is batik textile art of Malaysia, especially on the east coast of Malaysia
The workshop will be conducted under the guidance of a Rani peter, a professional artist. Students will be taught to create textures on silk and be shown how to remove the wax at the end of the session, participants will have their own sample, which they have created, to take home with them.
Rani Peter, founder of Christine Home Crafts has been an artist for over 22 years and has a versatile hand for painting on Canvas, Fabric, Glass and other mediums. She also teaches crafts like various types of murals, sculptures, box making and more. She is a working artist always exploring new techniques and discovering new mediums
Materials provided for the workshop –
Date – 13th November 2018
Day – Tuesday
Fee – Rs 1700 per person ( Including all the materials )
Booking fee is Rs 500 per person (Balance amount of Rs 1200 to be paid at the venue)
Time – 10.30 am to 2.30 pm
Venue – Bloom & Grow, Koramangala
Batik Workshop – Beginners Workshop in Bangalore
Batik is a wax-resist dyeing, applied on whole cloth.
- This workshop includes –
- Steps involved:- tracing, waxing, dyeing, and dewaxing.
- Method used for waxing:- applying hot wax using a brush or a tjanting tool.
- Dyeing: – using a dye bath.
- Dewaxing:- using hot water and then ironing.
All the Materials required for the workshop will be provided.
After the workshop , participants will take back a single piece dyed wall hanging 22″ * 22″ and a dyed practice geometrical design 12″ *12″.
About the artists –
- Mrs Usha Shivashankar – She is a biochemist by qualification and a.teacher by profession, hailing from Ooty. She has taught physics, chemistry, biotechnology, and maths to the higher board going classes for a number of decades.
- Rani Peter – Founder of Christline Home Crafts has been an artist for over 22 years and has a versatile hand for painting on Canvas, Fabric, Glass and other mediums. She also teaches crafts like various types of murals, sculptures, box making and more.
Time – 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
Fee- Rs 2950 (includes all material and taxes)
Venue – Bloom & Grow, Bangalore