- This event has passed.
Batik Workshop- Beginners Workshop in Bangalore
August 24, 2018 | 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Batik Workshop – Beginners Workshop in Bangalore
Batik is a wax-resist dyeing, applied on whole cloth.
- This workshop includes –
- Steps involved:- tracing, waxing, dyeing, and dewaxing.
- Method used for waxing:- applying hot wax using a brush or a tjanting tool.
- Dyeing: – using a dye bath.
- Dewaxing:- using hot water and then ironing.
All the Materials required for the workshop will be provided.
After the workshop , participants will take back a single piece dyed wall hanging 22″ * 22″ and a dyed practice geometrical design 12″ *12″.
About the artists –
- Mrs Usha Shivashankar – She is a biochemist by qualification and a.teacher by profession, hailing from Ooty. She has taught physics, chemistry, biotechnology, and maths to the higher board going classes for a number of decades.
- Rani Peter – Founder of Christline Home Crafts has been an artist for over 22 years and has a versatile hand for painting on Canvas, Fabric, Glass and other mediums. She also teaches crafts like various types of murals, sculptures, box making and more.