The first thing that comes to your mind is ” oh I would love to learn Kerala mural but am not good at drawing”
WHAT IS KERALA MURAL PAINTING?
Kerala mural is an ancient traditional art form established after independence particularly in Kerala. The mural stories are derived from the purana which depict the story of god and goddess. Kerala mural painting is not only seen on temple walls you can also see it on the walls of ancient Christian churches.
WHAT YOU LEARN?
1. A short note on kerala mural painting
2. The basic drawing techniques
3. The colour study
4. The blending and combinations
Materials needed –
1. Seven Acrylic colour ( yellow ocher, scarlet red, burntsienna, black,white, sap green, and phthalo blue)
2. Yellow carbon sheet ( for tracing)
3. A canvas ( size – A4)
4. Three brushes – 0.4 round thin brush, a flat brush ( any size) 10 round brush ( note – brush size 10)
5. A palette
6. Waste cloth
Date: 18th and 19th July
Day: Saturday and Sunday
Time: 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm (IST)
Venue: Online Session on Zoom
Fee: Rs 1000 per person (Inclusive of GST and convenience charges)
KERALA MURAL PAINTING – 2 Day Beginners Workshop in Bangalore
Helloo Bangalore art lovers! Are you looking forward to learn something very interesting then here you go!
A small note about the workshop:
1. You will be provided with a printed mural canvas of A4 size.
2. We will be using acrylic colours not natural dye.
WHAT YOU LEARN?
1. The origin and process of Kerala mural painting.
2. Understanding the application of colours.
3. Various painting techniques.
4. Color blending and outlining.
5. In a two day class you will have a clear understanding of how a Kerala mural painting is done.
Take Away: A gorgeous mural painting on A4 canvas size created by yourself.
Date: 14th and 15th March, 2020
Days: Saturday and Sunday
Time: 2 pm to 6 pm
Fee: Rs 3600 per person for both days (includes all materials)
Booking fee: Rs 500 per person for both days (Balance of Rs 3100 to be paid at venue)
Venue: Bloom and Grow, Koramangala.
Note: Participants need to register by paying the booking amount and balance at the venue. Alternatively, you can pay full fees online. Please note DO NOT pay both booking fees and full fees.
Kalamkari – Traditional Art workshop for Beginners in Bangalore
Hey peps! Are you ready to explore the traditional art of Andhra ?If yes, then join us on August 4th for the KALAMKARI workshop on how to paint KALAMKARI motifs and colour palette of one of the most beautiful traditional art.
What is KALAMKARI?
It is a traditional fabric art of Andhra Pradesh which is famous for the colours, patterns and workmanship!
They earlier worked with natural dyes that add more beauty to the art.
What you will learn?
1. Understanding KALAMKARI and its origin.
2. Understanding on how to work on original KALAMKARI.
3. Understanding the colour scheme of KALAMKARI and how it is different from other artforms.
4. Practising few KALAMKARI floral motifs and designs with fabric colours
5. Working on a KALAMKARI painting as a final product.
ARTIST – Megha Menon (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu3pVyFAxXi/?igshid=1e02wtkgz9x38)
All the required materials for the workshop will be provided at the venue!
Take Away – You will be taking home a A4 size KALAMKARI painting which will be on fabric.
( The painted piece can later be stitched to small purse or a pouch or framed as is. )
Date – 4th August
Day – Sunday
Time – 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Fee – Rs 1800 per person ( inclusive of all materials)
Booking fee –Rs 500 ( Balance amount of Rs 1300 to be paid at the venue)