- This event has passed.
Tie and Dye, Shibori with Natural Material – Online session
May 14 | 4:00 pm
Tie and Dye, Shibori with Natural Material – Live online session
This workshop is an experience to come together and to play with living colours and feel the feel the joy of making and spontaneity through ancient textile design techniques.
Everyday wastes like onion peel, used tea leaves, coffee powder, dried pomegranate peel are some of our magic ingredients used in this process.
This workshop gives you hands on experience of playing with ancient textile design techniques and art forms of Shibori (Japan) and Bandhej (India).The participants will pleat, pluck & twist the fabrics to create their unique explorations and dye their cloth (T-shirt) using the method/techniques taught.
You can do a hands-on session with the artist if you do have the following materials ready, else you could join in for the session and clarify all your queries post the session. We will be creating a whatsapp group for ease of communication and clarification of doubts.
1. PRE washed cloth/ old garment (You can keep multiple small swatches of cloth if you want to try different techniques on each, provided you have enough dye solution)
2. Nylon thread (Must)
3. Binding props ( buttons, beads, nails etc )
4. Pole (optional)
5. Clear Tape
6. Random shaped Wood cut pieces (optional)
7. Large metal clips (optional)
8. A potful Organic household stuff like onion peel / tea wastes (Must)
9. Alum (Ideal) or common salt for now.
10. A vessel to boil the peels,teawaste etc.
Date: 14th May, 2020
Time: 4 pm (IST)
Fee: Rs 500 per person (Inclusive of GST and Convenience charges)
Venue: Online session on zoom
Payment link: https://rzp.io/l/plHBe4Z
About Bloom and Grow:
To stay updated with the upcoming sessions, join WhatsApp group with the link https://chat.whatsapp.com/HKDsGqJSWGgBtDENOcMVea