A 9-day watercolor floral workshop sounds like a wonderful opportunity to dive deep into the world of watercolor painting and explore the beauty of floral subjects. Flowers are so irresistible that it is not surprising that generations of painters have turned to them for inspiration. Learn watercolor techniques, understand the medium and pigment behavior, and much more in this course with us.
Day 1: Introduction to Watercolours and Materials
• Overview of watercolor painting techniques
• Introduction to different types of watercolor paints, brushes, and paper
• Basic color theory and mixing with techniques and textures
• Practice various brush strokes and techniques
• Learn about different brush types and their uses
• Experiment with blending and layering techniques
Day 2: Understanding Floral Anatomy
• Study the anatomy of different types of flowers
• Learn how to observe and depict petals, leaves, stems, and other parts accurately
Day 3&4: Drawing and painting African lily
African Lily blooms at the hottest time of the year, reflecting its African origin, making a specialty of the color blue. It is multi-headed with basically cone-shaped florets that grow on a single supporting stem, each floret being segmented into petals that flare out to form a trumpet.
Day 5&6: Drawing and painting Camellia
Long valued for its luxuriant, shiny, rich green foliage and showy waxy flowers, so perfect that they look almost manufactured, the camellia is a perfect example of a classic garden plant.
Day 7&8: Drawing and painting Dhalia
Few flowers can match dahlias for their wide range of brilliant colors and huge variety of shapes and sizes. They are spectacular, originally hailing from Mexico, and they adore heat.
Day 9: Drawing and painting Coneflower
Indigenous to North America, this plant was priced by the Native Americans for its healing properties. The name is derived from the Greek for ‘hedgehog’ alluding to the flower’s prominent central cone. It is commonly known as the purple coneflower, but it comes in other shades including the cream of this example.
– Watercolours Cakes or Tubes
– Watercolour paper (Has to be watercolor, not regular paper – Brustro, canson, chitrapat, or any other watercolor paper brand)
– Round brushes and flat brush (8,12 round brush and 1/2 or 1inch flat brush)
– Closed palette for tube colors OR regular palette for watercolor cakes
– 2 Water cups or bowl
– Rag cloth
– Masking tape (if you don’t have it then transparent cello tape)
Age: Adults and Children above 10 years
Batch 1: Commences on 1st Nov – Classes will be held on Mon & Wed: 5.30pm to 6.30pm (IST)
Batch 2: Commences on 2nd Nov – Classes will be held on Tue & Thu: 5.30pm to 6.30pm (IST)
Batch 3: Commences on 4th Nov- Classes will be held on Sat & Sun: 4pm to 5pm (IST)
Fee: Rs 3500 for the 9-day course
Venue: Online classes on Zoom
For registrations and details, WhatsApp on 9900052747
About Bloom and Grow:
To stay updated with the upcoming sessions, join WhatsApp group with the link https://chat.whatsapp.com/HKDsGqJSWGgBtDENOcMVea